Lothersdale School Visions and Aims
- Our children aspire to be ‘fluent learners broadening their horizons’.
- We support all aspects of our children’s health and well-being.
- Our children know how to keep safe in our ever-changing world.
- Our curriculum ensures children systematically build important knowledge and skills in all subjects.
- Deliberate practice and planned recalls ensure our children remember more and become fluent learners.
- We foster children’s creativity across all areas of the curriculum.
- We foster children’s confidence as learners to engage with our curriculum through talk for learning, challenge and growth mindsets.
- We prepare our children to ‘meet the world’, both local and global, as active participants.
- We prepare our children to meet the challenges and issues faced in the modern world.
- We nurture our children to be kind and empathetic providing help to those in need.
- Fluency and automaticity ensure children have the ability to ‘draw on’ remembered knowledge and this is the key building block that broadens our children’s horizons.
Ratified by the Governing Body