Starting school is an exciting and sometimes daunting prospect for children and their parents. The induction process at Lothersdale School is an important part of supporting the smooth transition from pre-school to school life. We work hard to put in place systems that support parents and children during this time. Our programme of induction includes:
- Tour of the school led by the Headteacher
- Six afternoon sessions in school in the summer term for children when places have been allocated
- A Parents' Welcome Evening after the third aternoon session of the pre-visits in the summer term.
2. Reception Class - Autumn Term
- Open door policy to talk to Mrs Bateman (Class teacher) and Miss Laycock (Teaching Assistant) about your child/school-life
- Curriculum Evening in week 3 to find out more about Class 1 ethos, including an introduction to reading, writing, Jolly Phonics and maths.
After their first half term with us, we always survey the parents of our new starters to find out if there is anything we can do to improve our induction process for our future pupils and their parents. It's important to everyone at Lothersdale School that starting school is a happy and successful time. Please read the feedback we received this year in the attachment box below.
If you are visiting our website for the first time, as your child/children are pre-school and you are interested in finding out more about us, please do not hesitate to contact school to book an appointment to visit and be shown around by the headteacher.